Material and factory workmanship of Custom Office Design, Inc. standard products are warranted for a period of 5 years from the date of factory invoice provided the products are subjected to only the usage for which they were designed, are installed in accordance with Custom Office Design, Inc. recommended installation procedures, and maintained in accordance with cleaning recommendations (unless otherwise stated in writing).
· Formula 409®
· Glass Plus®
· Mr. Clean®
· TOP JOB®
· Dow Bathroom Cleaner with Scrubbing Bubbles™
· Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Basin/Tub/Tile Cleaner
Cleaning Tips for maintaining Laminate SurfacesUse a damp cloth or sponge and a mild soap or detergent. Difficult stains such as coffee or tea can be removed using a mild household cleaner and baking soda; mixing to achieve a paste consistency. Use a stiff nylon bristle brush, scrubbing (approx. 15-20 strokes) the affected area. Do not scrub so as to mar (damage / scratch) the surface finish.
Stubborn stains that resist any of the above cleaning methods may require the use of undiluted household bleach or nail polish remover. WARNING: Prolonged exposure of the laminate surface to bleach will cause discoloration. Always rinse laminate surfaces after cleaning!
Use a cotton ball saturated with bleach or nail polish remover (acetone), gently rub the stain for up to two minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and wipe dry using a soft cloth. This step may be repeated if the stain appears to be going away and the color of the laminate has not been affected. Failure to rinse after cleaning can cause damage; even if a small amount of cleaning solution remains on the surface. A dry residue may be invisible; however, moisture from cups or drinks can reactivate it, and result in permanently etched scars or stains over time.
Cleaning Tips for maintaining Fabrics Guilford of Maine’s 100% recycled polyester panel fabrics are colorfast to both water-based and solvent-based cleaning solutions and may be cleaned with all conventional upholstery cleaning systems.
Note that the following are general recommendations for the panel fabric only, all standard Custom Office Design fabric offerings are this grade of fabric; custom fabrics may vary.
- Vacuum the fabric periodically to remove accumulated dirt and dust. The frequency of this and any other routine maintenance is determined by end use conditions.
- Blot fresh spills immediately.
- Ensure that the fabric is adequately rinsed after cleaning, as residual cleaning agents may accelerate soiling.
- Have the fabric professionally cleaned whenever large stains or an overall soiled condition occurs. For most water-based stains, a clean, absorbent cloth dampened with a detergent solution (e.g. 1 teaspoon laundry detergent/1 pint warm water) should be applied to the stain. Blot the fabric with the treated cloth, working from the outer edge of the stained area, moving inward. In order to effectively draw out the stain, renew the cleaning cloth frequently. Rinse well with clear water, and dry the fabric as quickly as practical. Oil-based stains may be treated in a similar manner, substituting a volatile solvent-based cleaner for the detergent solution. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for using such products, and always pretest an inconspicuous area of the fabric for colorfastness to the cleaning agent.
Some fabric cleaning methods may cause damage to underlying materials in our panel systems, please contact us prior to attempting any procedures for recommendations and precautions